Tuesday 8 December 2015

Broccoli Pesto

I love making pesto.  I love how such a tiny spoon of something so easy to make can really turn around a simple pasta dish.

This recipe makes a big batch which you can freeze and will last you ages! 

Ingredients
250g Broccoli
100g Walnut Pieces
150g Grated Hard Goats Cheese
100ml Olive Oil
Squeeze lemon juice
2 cloves garlic

Method
Cut the broccoli florets off the stem and blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.  Meanwhile dry fry the walnut pieces for a few minutes tossing regularly to ensure they don't burn.  Add the broccoli and the toasted walnuts to the food process with all the other ingredients and zap until combined.



I find these great ice cube (though advertised as baby food) silicone trays by Zeal are great of distributing my pesto. And once frozen I pop them in freezer food bags and then just zap a stick in the microwave for 40 seconds before adding to pasta.

As a general rule I weigh my pasta and serve 40g dried pasta per child, 75g dried pasta for me and the hubbie likes a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment